Attention Seeker 2.0

Back in July I completed the final version of this piece that I’d been working on for a while. This is on canvas, whereas the previous one (effectively a full scale ‘maquette’) had been on cardboard. After that earlier experiment I decided not to include lots of ‘contrived’ drips, as Jonathan had originally advised(!) Below are some pics documenting the process, some of which show the ludicrous border I had to build around the canvas out of polystyrene etc, which enabled me to produce the ‘full bleed’ effect on the canvas. You can also see how in some areas I elected to build up heavy layers of paint with repeated applications. There are also some shots showing light shining through the canvas which gives a interesting effect, revealing the textures.